Dried rye whiskey gives a distinguished spiciness and fruity, but it doesn’t add much in terms of sweetness, and sparkling water makes the sangria even lighter.
The fruit mix we use in this winter beer sangria is to add to the different sour and slightly sweet flavors.
- Rye whiskey 6 oz / 180 ml
- Winter lager or ale 12 oz / 360 ml
- Sparkling water 12 oz / 360 ml
- Orange juice 2 oz / 60 ml
- Blood orange 1
- Orange 1
- Red grapes 1/2 cup
- Blackberries 1/2 cup
- Cranberries 1/2 cup
- Cloves 4-5
- Cinnamon sticks
- Wash and cut all the fruits and arrange them in layers on the bottom of a jug.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon sticks, and rosemary.
- Add the rye whiskey and orange juice and let the fruit soak for a few minutes.
- Garnish the glasses with ice cubes and fruit and rosemary.
- When you’re ready to serve, first add the sparkling water and then the beer.
- When you add the beer, pause often to allow the foam to dissipate.
- Mix everything gently and pour into glasses after the fruit settles at the bottom.