The cocktail is the work of Bourbon Blog’s Tom Fischer and Louisville mixologist Steven Dennison. It was specially designed for a number of festivals held in various US cities throughout the year.
The mix contains bourbon, mead, hefeweizen-style beer, and water flavored with barbecue sauce. Undoubtedly, it is a very unusual drink and not everyone will like it. However, it’s fun to try and you should appreciate how the team put these three different flavors together.
For the BBQ Water:
- Barbecue sauce 19-ounce / 500 ml
- Hot water 19-ounce / 500 ml
For the Cocktail:
- Bourbon Whiskey 1 1/2 ounces / 45 ml
- Honey whiskey liqueur 1-ounce / 30 ml
- BBQ water 1-ounce / 30 ml
- Orange 1/4 whole
- Hefeweizen beer 1 bottle
Make the BBQ Water
- In a mixing bowl, mix the barbecue sauce with an equal amount of steaming hot water.
- Whisk until completely combined.
- Let it cool or put it in the fridge.
Make the Cocktail
- Pour the liqueurs and barbecue water in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Also, squeeze the juice of a quarter of an orange into the shaker.
- Shake it vigorously.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Pour a quarter bottle of beer into a cocktail shaker and shake it until it froths.
- Pour the beer foam over the cocktail to decorate.