With rye whiskey, Belgian beer, and a beef-jerky garnish, this cocktail by Francesco Lafranconi combines savory and sweet flavors, the effervescence of beer, and the texture of egg white.
- Rye whiskey 1/2 oz / 30 ml
- Belgian beer 5 oz / 300 ml
- Lemon juice 3/4 oz / 45 ml
- Maple syrup 3/4 oz / 45 ml
- Barbecue bitters 5 drops
- Egg white 1 oz / 60 ml
- Beef jerky
- Mesquite salt
- Lemon Wedge
- Use a lemon wedge to wet the rim of a pint
- Dip into the mesquite salt
- Add the rye, lemon juice, maple syrup, and egg white to a shaker and fill with ice and
- Shake and pour into the prepared glass.
- Top with the beer and bitters, and garnish with a piece of beef jerky.