One thing that many classic cocktails share in common is simplicity – less than four or five ingredients, a little fuss, and lots of flavors. Case and point: Mint Julep – Candy, Bourbon, and Mint. Simple but very tasty.
- Bourbon 1.5 oz / 45 ml
- Honey Syrup (Honey 1/2 c. + Water 1/2 c.) .5 oz / 15 ml
- 2-3 Basil leaves
- 2-3 Basil blossom
- Beer 3 oz / 45 ml
- Boil the water.
- Reduce the heat and mix in the honey until it melts completely.
- Cool before mixing.
- Keep refrigerated.
- In a shaker glass, mix the basil leaves with the honey syrup.
- Add bourbon and ice, shake vigorously and strain into glass over ice.
- Garnish with beer and basil leaves on top.