Eggnog is great during the holidays, but homemade eggnog is even better. Despite common misconceptions, eggnog made from scratch is not difficult or time-consuming. This eggnog with bourbon recipe will show you how easy and delicious eggnog can be, and you can use it to keep the holiday tradition alive.
Eggnog is typically made with eggs, sugar, spices, and base liquor (traditional rum or brandy), and many eggnog recipes are available. Then why not try it with beer?
- 4 eggs
- Granulated sugar ⅔ cups
- Milk 2 cups
- Heavy cream 1 cup
- Nutmeg ½ tsp
- Beer (barley wine preferred) 5 oz / 150 ml
- Separate the eggs, add the whites to the bowl of a stand mixer, separate the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites on medium speed for about 5 minutes until firm peaks are formed. Remove the whites from the blender and set them aside.
- Add the yolks along with the sugar to the mixer and whisk for about 3 minutes until the color is lighter.
- Add milk, cream, and half a teaspoon of nutmeg, mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl of the stand mixer and gently fold the whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Stir in the beer.
- Pour into glasses.
- Sprinkle with remaining nutmeg. (Do not serve cold)